Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Look out New York, here I come!

Hello fellow Trek Againist Trashers! I figured I would check in to give you a quick update.
First off I wanted to let you know that my partner in crime Carlie (also know as "Gucci") has decided to leave the trail due to personal reasons. Everyone who decides to hike the trail has their reasons, and everone who decides to leave the has their reasons for that as well. In Harpers Ferry, looking at the sign in log I noticed that we have already lost about 80 percent of the people who started to thru-hike this year. I wish Carlie all the best in the world. She will continue helping me plan out the logistics as I continue north. That means I will be writing the blogs from now on... I know I know. I apologize in advance if they are not as amusing or witty but I will try. I know that she appreciates all of your continued support, as she will be missed.

As for the trail.....whewww Pennsylvania rocks, I mean they have some rocks!!! Now let me be clear, I do not discriminate. I dislike all of them. Tall ones and short ones, dull ones and sharp ones, they all seem to wiggle when you put your foot on them. And just when you get to the top of a ridge that looks clear....SHAZAMM!! The trail spirits laugh and drop down even more rocks. You cant look up or you will stub your toe or step on a rattlesnake.

Well there is light at the end of the tunnel, I am coming up on the Delaware Water Gap which means......Hello New Jersey!! I am not sure which was more mentally taxing, Virginia or Pennsylvania. All I know is that I am under 1000 miles until the end of my journey!! Be excited....go ahead its okay to clap if you would like.

Next few stops, Vernon NJ and Bear Mtn. NY.....thats right.

When I looked at a map today I actually realized how far I have walked. I am close to New York City, and I walked from Georgia... I mean who does that?

Keep on Trekking..and Keeping America Beautiful

Jordan "Bearfoot" Price

P.S. DONATE!! Or tell someone else to! Or at least buy a sweet shirt!

No comments: