Thursday, July 17, 2008

Magnificent Massachusetts!!


Well like I said before, I love the Appalachian Trail!!! I feel like I am finally back into the real hiking that I loved so much at the beginning of the trail! We had some great views from the top of Mt.Greylock, and could see FORRREEVVEERRR!!!! (....from "The Sandlot".... come on people, loosen up a bit). Anyway, it has been up and down and up and down for the past few days, which is a little more fun than the ridge walking we have been doing.

Strolled into Dalton, and came to a house on the trail where a nice man came out and offered me ice cream. Of course I said yes! He introduced himself as Tom, and he had a bunch of other hikers hanging out in the lawn all eating ice cream and looking like they were stuffed. So I figured that it was a good idea to drop my Mountainsmith bag and relax for a little bit......for a little bit I meant two days. He let us sleep on his floor, fed us, let us slack pack 23 miles. I mean this was the cream of the crop here. Tom is a legend on the A.T. but he is not listed in the books so he can keep a low profile.

I have to go back to Bear Mountain, NY tomorrow to do a little bit of media for the Trek. So if you are in the area, tomorrow (7/19/2008) I will be back at Bear Mountain, hiking down from Perkins tower and into the Zoo with a few people. Please stop by if you have time, we would love to see you!

And for those of you who have yet to go check out the website, pictures or DONATE! STOP READING and go buy a SWEET Trek Against Trash t-shirt or Trucker Hat (which I proudly rock along the trail). So if you want to be cool, make a donation or buy some gear. If not you are an L-7 square (Sandlot reference again, sorry we watched it at Tom's house and I cant get enough of that movie).

Thanks again for all of your support so far. 600 Miles to go.....whhewww!

Next on the list,
Vermont (Green Mountains.)
New Hampshire (White Mountains.) yikes!
Maine (Mt. Katahdin!!)

Check back in the next few weeks for an update!

Bearfoot

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You know Jordan, the funny thing is that when I read "FFFFOORREEVVVERRRR", I actually read and heard it in my head like the great Michael 'Squints' Palledorous said it. "Foreverr-Foreverr-Foreverr-FFFOORREEVERR"... Good stuff.