Saturday, August 30, 2008

Made it home!!! and Thank you!


Well its been a week since I've been home..."home"

I got huge news right before I finished the A.T., I was asked to fly out to Colorado to present a little presentation at the Democratic National Convention!!! So I finished the trail the 18th, flew home the 19th, went into work in Atlanta to get my presentation together the 20th, flew to Colorado the 21st......whewwww!

I worked with my brother at the "Rock the Vote Mobile" tour in Denver for a couple days which was great to help young people of America register to vote. On Wednesday I got to go into the Hyatt to set up a table at the "Green Delegate Challenge Reception" put on by Tava. I had the pleasure of speaking to numerous delegates from across this great country about my journey on the "Trek Against Trash." What a phenomenal experience to get to meet these people, they loved the set up, ideas and stories that I told them. It was wonderful to meet people as enthusiastic about the environment as I am!!!

Well after Denver I flew home Friday afternoon, landed in Atlanta, got in a car and drove to Columbia SC to see my Grandparents.....and just got 15 minutes to breath and update my blog....

Thank Yous!
I just wanted to take a few minutes to thank a few special people/companies for the support they gave-

Carlie "Gucci" Roberts, Thank you for your help, ideas, support and friendship. The trail was not the same without you. Without you this would not have developed the way it did. You walked from Georgia to Pennsylvania what a huge accomplishment! Thank you for everything.

Keep America Beautiful.....what can I say other than WOW!! What a fantastic organization you are! You are the reason that we even stepped foot on the A.T. You helped bring our ideas to life and brought all of your affiliates to support this journey. I hope that our relationship/friendship will continue for a LONG time.

Rob Wallace- You are the man. You are the MAIN reason that any of this happened. We pitched the idea to you, and spoke to you from Springer to Maine. You even showed to climb Katahdin with me. You have become a life long friend, and I could not have asked for a better support team than you and your crew.

Qorvis, you are the reason we had ANY media at all!! Thank you, we would not have been prepared with those quick answers and great tag lines without you. We would have had no radio, magazine or newspaper media if you had not done what you guys do so well.

Sprint, Thank you for your support from the beginning. Without you we would not have been able to blog along the way, OR call our families every time we had service (which was pretty much the WHOLE trail)

Leki, holy goodness......Really?? I would have made it 30 miles without you. I don't need to say much.......but my knees do, Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! You are awesome!!

Mountainsmith, Thank you for being a pioneer in the backpacking world. You have created an outstanding recycled backpack! I put this thing through the ringer, and you held strong in every way possible. I dropped, kicked, beat and got rained on with my awesome pack. And she never....EVER let me down. Thank you for being the BEST BACKPACK I have EVER owned.

My Mom, I love you! You kept me fed well, kept my head up, and are such an inspiration to me. You showed up when I felt like I had nothing, made me laugh, and hugged me when I cried. I could not have asked for a better Mother. Thank you and I love you.

Dad... you helped keep me more than you will ever know. From your letters to your phone calls, you always had the right words to keep me going. You have helped mold me into the man I have become. I love you, thank you!

You are BOTH my Best Friends, Hero's and Inspiration to keep me doing what I do. Thank you.

Family and Friends, I cant name all of you because too many supported me, BUT the few that never stopped showing love, Thamer, Austin, KG, Miss. Wise, Rouge, McBaine, Terry and Zoey, Vernon FD and on and on. THANK YOU. WOW! I had NO idea that so many people cared and followed this adventure. I love and will never EVER forget you and all you did for me.

No comments: