Friday, August 1, 2008

Magnificent Maine! and Welcome to the family Merrell!!!!

Hello friends! I just walked into Andover, Maine!!! Which is incredibly exciting for me for a few reasons.

1. Maine is one of the few states that I have never been to (Hawaii, Alaska and North Dakota left)
2. It means that I am within striking distance from Mt. Katahdin!
3. umm.... I WALKED HERE!!!

So far the terrain has been very difficult, for some reason the trail makers decided not to make any switchbacks up these mountains. You walk to the base of the mountain, look straight up, sigh loudly enough so someone can hear it to show your frustration, and put one foot in front of the other. Climb over boulders and sharp rocks, and then head straight down the other side, which is just as steep.

Another very VERY exciting sponsor has decided to help me out along the "Trek." Hello and Thank you Merrell shoes!

My last pair of trail runners lasted about 1,000 miles but just were not cutting it through the whites. So I called up the folks at Merrell and introduced myself. They were kind enough to send me a sweet pair of shoes to help finish out the Trek Against Trash in Maine! Between the comfort level of the Merrell shoe itself and the sticky Vibram sole, it will be like walking on a cloud through the rest of Maine!

I will give my full review after I summit Katahdin, but as in the past... Merrell never ceases to amaze me with the comfort and style of shoes they produce.


Next stops-
Stratton, Maine
Monson, Maine
Baxter State Park
259 Miles to Mt. Katahdin

No comments: